Sunday, July 6, 2014

365 project: June photos

It is quite odd looking back at my photography for June. There is a clear transition, mid-month, from Australian scenes to British ones. It is hard to believe that 4 weeks ago I was still walking my Australian suburb. It seems a long time ago, and a long way away.

The start of June has two more street art photos, continuing a theme prompted by Johanna and seen in my May photography. I have yet to see much street art in London, which suggests I'm either not paying attention or I haven't explored very widely (I am quite certain it is out there!).

There is a little bit of overlap between the photos in this collection and those in my recent London posts. I apologise for the double up, and hope you can find some new images to draw you in...

1st: Local robot / 2nd: Busy mind / 3rd: University architecture / 4th: Glow man / 5th: Birthday 

6th: Packed / 7th: Leaving / 8th: Packing / 9th: Dark beach / 10th: Green goodness

11th: Flying! / 12th: Oxford Circus in summer / 13th: Thames / 14th: Swinging / 15th: New park

16th: Corner phone / 17th: Adventure playground / 18th: Run / 19th: Regeneration / 20th: Police call box

21st: St Paul's Cathedral / 22nd: Summer / 23rd: Bread basket boy / 24th: Beeline / 25th: Vivid green (1)

26th: Vivid green (2) / 27th: Distant London / 28th: Kitchen gardens / 29th: Watergate / 30th: Blue Trafalgar

My favourites this month come in two clusters - days 1 to 3, and days 24 to 26. I also love the flowers featured on the 22nd.

Previous photo recaps: JanuaryFebruaryMarchApril and May.

Have any sights near you caught your attention this month (photographed or not)?

14 comments:

  1. There's a great range of images here and I bet it certainly does seem surreal that right now you're in London but a few images ago you were in Perth - quite a contrast! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed Charlie! I think reflecting on these photos really brought the move home.

      Delete
  2. Great photos! All of them are very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow those pictures together really tell such a great story - it is really nice that the changes in your life are reflected in your photos - I love the green in the UK photos and the early street art ones but the one that made my eyes pop in amazement was the blue trafalgar one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite a remarkable addition to the square! I'm not sure if it's a permanent fixture or was there for some event, but it looked great.

      Delete
  4. Great photos. I ended up dropping out of the 365 back when I was struggling with recovery after my (first) oral surgery. Oh well. I'll try again another year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you have had quite a few barriers to daily photography the last few months...I did find being flexible with it helped, so you could always say your 365 project missed a few months ;) Otherwise, like you say, there is always another year.

      Delete
  5. Such a good project to be doing Kari. What will you do at the end? A book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually hadn't thought! A book could just be indicated :-)

      Delete
  6. Days 5, 20 and 22 are my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe it's less than a month ago that you moved either! Time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love seeing London through your lens. I esp love 16 (can't remember the last time I saw one of those), 25, 28, and 30 (The color is magnificent!). Hope you are doing well, Kari! Looks like you're adjusting well ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Min - we are doing really well and loving the sights here :) You're right, the blue chicken is magnificent!

      Delete

I genuinely appreciate all comments and the time taken to post them. Occasionally, I may need to restrict commenting to registered users in order to halt large volumes of spam. If that happens, I will lift the restriction within a week.

Want other ways to interact? Bite-sized thoughts is on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/bitesizedthoughts) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/bitesizethought).