Thursday, March 13, 2014

Random Thursday

1. It rained this morning. The last time I experienced water falling from the sky was, I think, in early December 2013. On a hot humid morning, running in rain drops was blissful.

There's no actual rain in this image, but it captures this morning's sky

2. I just finished two Australian books: Eyrie by Tim Winton, set in Fremantle, Western Australia, and Peace, Love and Khaki Socks by Kim Lock, set in Darwin, Northern Territory. I rated them both 4 out of 5 on Goodreads and recommend them highly whether you are Australian or not.

EyriePeace, Love and Khaki Socks



3. It's now 2 months until we move to London. I am simultaneously excited and terrified and overwhelmed by how much we still need to organise.

4. Throwing move preparations aside for 4 days, we are taking a long weekend from tomorrow afternoon to next Tuesday and driving a loop through Esperance and Kalgoorlie in Western Australia. I haven't been to either place, and Mr Bite was a teenager when he last visited. These are our last 'to visit' places before we leave. I'm excited!

5. Our work fridge has been freezing food. Have you eaten icey salad? It's really not pleasant. Frozen almond milk is also challenging when making coffee.

6. We had more birthday celebrations on the weekend. Full details (with food specifics!) will come in time, but I wanted to share this image created by three glow sticks. Glow sticks = fun.


What is happening in your Thursday?

19 comments:

  1. I think you will have less appreciation for rain when you move to the UK but am glad you have had some in Perth. We enjoyed rain this week too and it was lovely to hear - less lovely to be caught in twice in one day. The books look interesting if only I had time (I joined good reads but don't have time to update it). Enjoy your trip away - I think my great grandfather spent time in Kalgoolie but would need to check if that was the exact town - I know it was around that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure we will be sick of rain soon enough, but it was getting to the stage where I actually couldn't remember what it was like! I imagine Kalgoorlie and surrounds would have been interesting in your great grandfather's time - they are full of history by all accounts.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! I had no idea you were moving to London! I hope your preparation goes smoothly, Kari. :D And whoa, those glowstick streaks are way too cool. Looks like you're raving though, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie! And I think waving glow sticks in a park is about as close as I will ever come to raving :P

      Delete
  3. Yay for rain and how exciting that the move to London is so close!! It will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will! I suspect 2 months will zoom by...

      Delete
  4. So exciting about your move - not long now. Enjoy your driving holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 months Kari! Soooo exciting!
    And hooray for running in the rain, it's a pretty wonderful thing I think. It poured here yesterday, and every drop was loved by me....I also love playing with photography and something that glows- so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pouring sounds lovely! There is something quite freeing about getting drenched...or even just watching the outside get drenched :)

      Delete
  6. That's funny...this week we had the exact opposite i think...the first day sine early December where it didn't rain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I suspect this time next year sunshine will be the novelty ;)

      Delete
  7. I didn't realise you are moving so soon. Such a big change. I'm not surprised you're overwhelmed. Looking forward to hearing about the birthday celebrations - those glow sticks are huge fun xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd actually never played with glow sticks before - but huge fun is right!

      Delete
  8. 2 months until London! How exciting!
    I've had carrots frozen in my fridge before....not the tastiest ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine frozen carrots would be rock hard, too! Not fun at all!

      Delete
  9. Boy that is coming up quickly! You'll be there before you know it!
    We also have had a significant length of time without rain - had a massive storm on weekend for a hour.... then dry again!
    Yeah icy salad is sure not nice :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A one hour storm sounds odd! I guess Australian weather in general is pretty odd these days :P

      Delete
  10. Glad the rain has moved over to you... it's been raining pretty non stop here since Christmas Eve (wettest winter for 250 years and terrible floods!) We're finally seeing signs of Spring, which is a relief!
    I didn't realise that you were moving to London. That will be an exciting adventure! If you ever visit Bath, we must meet up for a drink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely let you know if we get down that way Sharon :)

      Delete

I genuinely appreciate all comments and the time taken to post them. Occasionally, I may need to restrict commenting to registered users in order to halt large volumes of spam. If that happens, I will lift the restriction within a week.

Want other ways to interact? Bite-sized thoughts is on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/bitesizedthoughts) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/bitesizethought).