Tuesday, November 4, 2014

365 project: October photos

It has just dawned on me that my photo a day challenge is close to being done. I appreciate that two months is still a reasonable amount of time to cover, but after taking 293 photos, I can see myself managing the remaining 61.

Of course, this is largely due to my flexible approach to a photo a day. Increasingly, 7 photos a week is my approach and that is reflected in some of the photo sets for October. Photos 16 to 20 were taken on our recent visit to the Tower of London, the first 'big' tourist attraction we have visited. Now that summer is over and there are fewer tourists around, we are able to start working through our list of more notable 'To See' places. The Tower was fantastic, and we spent over 4 hours touring the various buildings and walking the grounds. The moat filled with poppies, part of WWII commemorations, was amazing too. As an additional bonus, we narrowly missed seeing the Queen!

Another recent outing is featured in photos 21 to 25, taken at Knole Park in Kent. The grounds include Knole House, which we didn't visit on this occasion, and a deer park, which is home to around 400 deer that roam as they wish. Deer aren't something we have in Australia, so I was besotted with every animal we saw and wanted to photograph all of them.

Throughout the photos, you will also see evidence of my love of autumn colours and leaves. At the moment, I don't think a day goes past without me taking joy from trees or fallen leaves or both. It is a beautiful time of year.

1st: Rainbow chard / 2nd: Kent walking / 3rd: Kent sunshine / 4th: Tonbridge castle / 5th: Tonbridge views 

6th: Chaos / 7th: Oxford lunch / 8th: Oxford / 9th: Autumn sunshine / 10th: Trees

11th: White swan / 12th: Shining ducks / 13th: Glimpses / 14th: Leaves (#1) / 15th: Tower Bridge, south 

16th: Moat of poppies / 17th: King Henry VIII's armor / 18th: Tower of London / 19th: Tower Bridge, north / 20th: Tower of London walls 

21st: Deer / 22nd: Autumn woods / 23rd: Autumn fields / 24th: Stag / 25th: Autumn leaves (#2)

26th: Greyscale Shard / 27th: Pumpkins / 28th: Borough Market seating / 29th: Bright / 30th: Autumn apples

31st: Character

Previous photo recaps: JanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJuly and August and September.

Do you have any favourite photos from this month?

14 comments:

  1. fantastic photos and it sounds wonderful to visit tourist attractions off-season - I have always enjoyed tourist attractions in the off- season when I have space to enjoy the place. I particularly love 16, 23 and 30 - I feel like I could just reach out for an apple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely more enjoyable off peak! To be honest, I'd have had us at the Tower of London in July but Mr Bite was wiser and more patient and I am grateful now ;)

      Delete
  2. Lovely pictures, I wish I could have visited The Tower to see the poppies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an amazing sight. There were lots of people crowding outside to see them though, so at least you can take comfort in missing the crowd aspect :)

      Delete
  3. the Tower! I really enjoyed it but then my husband decided to spend FOREVER in the military museum so I had to go off and do my own thing. What great photos you have here, such beautiful places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I zoomed through that section pretty fast ;) And in fact, I never got over my giggles at King Henry VIII's armor complete with lower section bulge. Childish.

      Delete
  4. Stunning photos and I am adding Tonbridge castle to our list of places to visit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! It's a really lovely town and nice spot to visit for a day :)

      Delete
  5. I would love to visit the Tower of London again. I haven't been there for so long. It's so great that you're managing to get out and about and see so much of England. I too would be in awe of every deer I saw xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess deer to us are like kangaroos to everyone else ;)

      Delete
  6. I love seeing all the foliage in your photos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne - I am a little bit obsessed with autumn foliage!

      Delete
  7. Wow!! What beautiful photos!! So seasonal and nice! I would love to visit! :) Looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely appreciate all comments and the time taken to post them. Occasionally, I may need to restrict commenting to registered users in order to halt large volumes of spam. If that happens, I will lift the restriction within a week.

Want other ways to interact? Bite-sized thoughts is on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/bitesizedthoughts) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/bitesizethought).