Monday, June 2, 2014

365 project: May photos

I found May an easier month for photography than April. Adopting my flexible approach to photo captures (7 per week, not necessarily 1 per day) helped, as did following Johanna's posts on Melbourne street art on Green Gourmet Giraffe. You will see a few street art scenes in my own photo selection this month! You may spot an autumn theme throughout too.

Day 29 - one of my favourites from May

My favourite photos this month are actually quite recent ones. I took some early morning photos (#29 and 30) that I love, and experimented with a glowing balloon (#26 to 28) which was very fun indeed. I enjoyed looking back at the earlier photos too though, as they reminded me what I was up to a few weeks ago. It's amazing how quickly memory can fade...

Here is my May in photos.


1st: Splashing colour / 2nd: Perth by night / 3rd: Taste of Perth/ 4th: Fremantle Prison / 5th: Autumn leaf (#1)

6th: Autumn leaf (#2) / 7th: Autumn leaf (#3) / 8th: Golden bougainvillea / 9th: Blue man / 10th: Trapped man

11th: Mundaring Weir / 12th: Street landscapes / 13th: Fallen flower / 14th: Suburban grapes (#1) / 15th: Suburban grapes (#2)

16th: Perth city by day / 17th: Startling autumn / 18th: Miraculous lettering / 19th: A rose by any other name / 20th: Happy playground

21st: More autumn colour / 22nd: Neon boost tree / 23rd: Green / 24th: Autumn walking / 25th: Genesis in the Hills

26th: Colour burst / 27th: Glow worm / 28th: Light burst / 29th: Calm / 30th: Morning reflections

31st: Leaves and berries

Previous photo recaps: January, February, March and April.

Do any photos stand out for you this month?

19 comments:

  1. Looking at the photos, I'm jealous that you get to experience a true autumn! The glowing balloons are pretty awesome. Love the huge fork (#3) and #11 is so gorgeous! Look at those clouds! I can't believe it's June…scary how fast time flies and memories fade..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time is definitely flying! It's funny to hear you say we get a true autumn too, as I always think of ours as a bit half hearted compared to North America. I guess it's pretty true compared to Texas though ;)

      Delete
  2. I love that May was full of so many flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots that I love in these photos - I love your street art of course - the happy playground is so cheerful and your morning reflections photo is beautiful. I am very excited to see Fremantle Prison featured - had an amazing tour of the place many years ago - (though I don't really remember the building in your photo) is there a post coming up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Johanna - the picture I took was just of the entrance building, which may be why you don't remember it. I took it from outside the complex so sadly there was no recent tour. Our last visit was back in 2012 (http://www.bitesizedthoughts.com/2012/12/out-and-about-in-perth-point-walter-and.html).

      Delete
  4. WOW! Luv the colour burst photo! Great job!

    Julie
    Gourmet Getaways

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! It was a really fun shot :)

      Delete
  5. I love those two early morning images - everything looks so peaceful, calm and still. I do wonder how you're going Kari, with all your packing up and getting ready to leave. I imagine it must be fairly soon. Your poor mum - she must be getting a bit sad xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peaceful, calm and still is somewhat at odds with the rest of life right now ;) You are right - moving is happening soon! My mother is hanging in there but I suspect there is sadness not too far under the surface :S

      Delete
  6. I loved Johannas work last month. You did such a beautiful job of your photo month. I couldn't stop staring at the last set. Somewhat calming to stare at.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos. I love the trees and I love the leaves.

    ReplyDelete

  8. \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 I love the leaves and berries - classic autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your May is gorgeous. What a great idea this is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning collection of photos ♥ I think 'Neon Burst Tree' and 'Calm' have got to be my top 2 faves this month (though they're all beautiful!) xx

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely appreciate all comments and the time taken to post them. Occasionally, I may need to restrict commenting to registered users in order to halt large volumes of spam. If that happens, I will lift the restriction within a week.

Want other ways to interact? Bite-sized thoughts is on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/bitesizedthoughts) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/bitesizethought).