Saturday, January 21, 2017

Cinnamon vanilla latte

As the pictures in my last post showed, we have had cold weather here lately. Two days of snow were followed by nearly a week of below freezing temperatures and very frosty mornings. It is weather for hot drinks and I have been drinking a lot of hot drinks.

Spiced ginger latte

With this liquid consumption comes drinks that extend beyond my usual tea and coffee choices. I've been enjoying repeat cups of my spiced ginger latte as well as easy hot chocolates. Today's cinnamon vanilla latte will now be added to my rotation. It is easy, delicious and fit to rival flavoured coffee shop lattes - for a fraction of the cost and with less sugar.

Cinnamon vanilla latte

I made this quite cinnamon-y, so you do need to like cinnamon if you are to give it a go. If you aren't a big fan of the spice then using a half teaspoon would give a milder option.

Cinnamon vanilla latte
An easy, delicious drink that will hold winter weather at bay
Makes one large mug

Author: Bite-sized thoughts


Ingredients
250ml non-dairy milk of choice
1 tsp (or to taste) instant coffee or decaffeinated coffee, or espresso shot, or equivalent coffee source
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 - 2 tsp liquid sweetener, or to taste (and depending on whether your milk is sweetened)
250ml hot / just boiled water

Method
Combine the milk, coffee, cinnamon, vanilla and sweetener in a large mug (if microwaving) or small saucepan (if using the stovetop). Heat gently until the milk is warm and then stir thoroughly. Add the hot water gradually, stirring as you do so.


Submitted to Healthy Vegan Fridays.

What drinks are you enjoying at the moment?

14 comments:

  1. I've gone to an Indie coffee shop twice this week and have had a Gingerbread Latte, this post is so spot on Kari. I will have to try your plant based milk version at home (and guess what we have a proper frother!) I've had plans to make a Christmas season flavoured latte but never got round to it and still hope to give that a go too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, a proper frother! I should look into one of those :-)

      Delete
    2. HOW I GET A LOAN HELP @ 2% INTEREST RATE With victoriafinancier@outlook.com

      I was not sure of getting a legit loan lender online But when i could not face my Debt any more, my son was on hospital bed for surgery that involve huge money and i also needed some money to refinance and get a good home then i have to seeks for Assistance from friends and when there was no hope any more i decide to go online to seek a loan and i find VICTORIA LAWSON Trust Loan Firm (victoriafinancier@outlook.com) with 2% interest Rate and applied immediately with my details as directed. Within seven Days of my application She wired my loan amount with No hidden charges and i could take care of my son medical bills, Renew my rent bill and pay off my debt. I will advice every loan seeker to contact VICTORIA LAWSON LOAN Company with victoriafinancier@outlook.com For easy and safe transaction.

      *Full Name:_________

      *Address:_________

      *Tell:_________

      *loan amount:_________

      *Loan duration:_________

      *Country:_________

      *Purpose of loan:_________

      *Monthly Income:__________

      *Occupation__________

      *Next of kin :_________

      *Email :_________

      Delete
  2. I was at my parents the other morning when a friend arrived before they got home from church and when he asked for a coffee I didn't know how to operate their machine as I am not good at making hot drinks - though I love the smell of spiced coffees - but I am hoping to make ginger beer soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how to use fancy machines either :P Making ginger beer also sounds very fancy!

      Delete
  3. Sounds delicious - would be perfect for the cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know it had been so cold in England. We're certainly experiencing the opposite down here! That latte must have a lovely aroma while it's brewing xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds wonderful and comforting. I can't fathom hot drinks right now but will definitely try when it cools down a bit. I'm loving cold soda water with a twist of lime at the moment... hoping our heatwave breaks soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love soda water year round :-) I hope your heat settles soon too!

      Delete
  6. Oooh, this sounds like coziness in a jar!

    Although it's been a fairly mid winter here in NJ, there's been so much cold rain that I can't warm my bones. I'd love some of this right now, I'll have to try it when I get home from work.

    Thanks so much for linking up with us for Healthy Vegan Fridays! I’m Pinning and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a way to warm up on a cold day! Hoping your weather gets a little warmer =)
    ps. Love the heart mug - so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely appreciate all comments and the time taken to post them. Occasionally, I may need to restrict commenting to registered users in order to halt large volumes of spam. If that happens, I will lift the restriction within a week.

Want other ways to interact? Bite-sized thoughts is on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/bitesizedthoughts) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/bitesizethought).