Sunday, October 30, 2016

Chocolate orange sweet potato pudding (optionally for Halloween)

All over the blogosphere, Halloween recipes are being shared showing cute treats and spooky meals. I had notions of joining in with some sweet potato witches, decorated with raisins and chocolate sauce. Alas, my creative talents were clearly not up to the task and I post the image below for your amusement only. I can't recommend the product as something worthy of sharing with anyone other than yourself!

A slight fail...

Given the messiness of my so-called witches, I turned them into a pudding instead. This worked just fine although no longer looks particularly Halloween like. It is, however, enjoyable to eat. I'm going to claim that is the main thing, especially as I associate Halloween with the US and I am not American!



This is so simple that it barely constitutes a recipe - sweet potato, raisins or sultanas, and orange flavoured Choc Shot chocolate sauce. If you don't have Choc Shot available, any chocolate sauce would do or you could make your own with coconut oil, maple syrup and cocoa powder (and orange essence or zest if you want to keep the orange component). You could enjoy this for breakfast or snacking, or a healthy and easy dessert.

Chocolate orange sweet potato pudding
A simple mix of ingredients that got around my Halloween creative fail!
Serves one to two

Author: Bite-sized thoughts


Ingredients
1 medium sweet potato, roughly 175g without skin, cooked and chopped into pieces
1-2 tbsp sultanas or raisins
1-2 tbsp orange flavoured Choc Shot chocolate sauce, or commercial or homemade equivalent

Method
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mash together to your desired consistency. That's it!

Are you doing anything for Halloween?

7 comments:

  1. that is really funny - I have had enough of my own fails to appreciate yours but also to say don't worry, once your little one grows up she will love this as kids love the act of creation as much as the final product! And glad you had a tasty pudding at the end of it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect Mini Bite may have managed better at creating them, to be honest! ;)

      Delete
  2. You made me smile, I do love this combo having had it in cake, but not the way you make it - to be honest I have never really been a fan of mashy food, so hesitate a little about the sweet pudding idea, but who knows.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't like mushy / mashy food it probably isn't for you - stick to cake :-)

      Delete
  3. Yum, sounds good to me. I didn't have tine to do Halloween anything this year, so full marks for getting there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um I would totally enjoy this for breakfast. YUM!
    And your witches are quite cute!

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely appreciate all comments and the time taken to post them. Occasionally, I may need to restrict commenting to registered users in order to halt large volumes of spam. If that happens, I will lift the restriction within a week.

Want other ways to interact? Bite-sized thoughts is on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/bitesizedthoughts) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/bitesizethought).