Sunday, September 18, 2016

Peanut butter chocolate avocado pudding

I think the chocolate-avocado combination has become a well-known classic. I've enjoyed it in pudding, mousse and cheesecake-style desserts before. Today's post is a variation on the theme but adds the additional classic mix of chocolate and peanut butter. Using peanut butter powder helps to avoid a too thick dessert (peanut butter and avocado both being rather dense) but you could use traditional peanut butter and thin the mix out with additional almond milk if needed.

 
I love desserts like this that feature a handful of whole-food ingredients and taste fantastic. You do need a food processor or high-speed blender but the creation time is then minimal, and in this case, I promise that cleaning your food processor is entirely worth it! It's also not too challenging if you thoroughly scoop out the bowl first (and you will want to do so...).


Peanut butter chocolate avocado pudding
A delicious flavour combination in a rich but whole-food dessert
Serves 2 to 4
Vegan

Food processor or high-speed blender required

Author: Bite-sized thoughts


Ingredients
2 medium avocado (approximately 200-240g flesh)
3 tbsp cocoa powder
3 tbsp peanut butter powder (I use PB Fit) - or use 2 tbsp peanut butter and increase the almond milk
1 tbsp almond milk

Method
Combine all ingredients in your food processor and process until smooth.


Submitted to Healthy Vegan Fridays (Rock my Vegan Socks and V Nutrition).

Do you have a favourite avocado dessert?

9 comments:

  1. I would love to make peanut butter desserts but I can't even dream of buying that powder because of Sylvia's allergy but I think the idea of a dessert with the peanut butter flavour yet lighter than it would be with peanut butter sounds very interesting and appealing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame they don't make other nut powders. Maybe one day!

      Delete
  2. Peanut butter and chocolate is definitely a classic combination, for good reason. I can only assume it gets even better with a bit of avocado thrown into the mix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! And perfect for you right now to eat one handed! In fact, throw in some oats and/or brewers yeast and you have the perfect combination to help milk production ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds decadently delicious!!! Pb and chocolate is still my favourite combination of all time. I love that you made it into a mousse-pudding =)

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely appreciate all comments and the time taken to post them. Occasionally, I may need to restrict commenting to registered users in order to halt large volumes of spam. If that happens, I will lift the restriction within a week.

Want other ways to interact? Bite-sized thoughts is on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/bitesizedthoughts) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/bitesizethought).