Saturday, August 13, 2016

In my kitchen - The new baby edition


This month brings a rather special In My Kitchen edition, as Mr Bite and I welcome a new addition to our household. With hindsight, some of you may now spot a shift in my posting frequency over the last 9 months - a serious drop early in the year, accompanied by a reduction in recipes (as I felt constantly sick!), followed by a recent increase in recipe posts as I started maternity leave and waited for Mini Bite to arrive.


She graced us with her presence early on Tuesday 9th August, defying many predictions from others that she would be a boy (we didn't find out the sex ahead of time) and ending my impatience at pregnancy stretching on (she came at 40 weeks + 3 days). Our kitchen and house is now significantly more chaotic, but we are loving getting to know her.


I share these early photos with the expectation that I'll be posting a little less over the immediate term!

17 comments:

  1. Wow! What an unexpected, delightful and classy announcement. Heartfelt congratulations to you and Mr. Bite. Wish you the best in these newborn days and beyond. She's precious. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Kari! I was due around the same time but he showed up much earlier. Good luck with your new addition. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Kari! I was due around the same time but he showed up much earlier. Good luck with your new addition. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful addition to your kitchen. So many congratulations to you and Mr Bite Kari! Enjoy these precious newborn snuggles and all the new things that come with it. Well done you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations - she looks so gorgeous I am sure she makes your kitchen feel so lovely. Enjoy your time with your little one and best wishes for all the sleep and feeding fun ahead. It will be interesting to see how she changes life and feeding for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhhh congratulations! You win In My Kitchen :D Enjoy this special time and congrats again :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Kari to you and Mr Bite and Welcome Little one. What a lovely surprise for your kitchen and for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, she's so beautiful. Enjoy all the precious and happy times ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kari, congratulations!!! You hid that so well - I had no idea. What a beautiful little girl for you and Mr Bite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that is unexpected! I didn't know you were pregnant. Congratulations! I know how difficult it can be blogging whilst pregnant, especially with the morning sickness.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! She is so precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG!! She is so gorgeous!
    Congratulations ����
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am SO delighted for you! What a wonderful Blessing! Congratulations! : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow Kari!!!!. I didn't know how very very exciting. Isn't she a beauty. And she sure looks healthy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mini Bite is so beautiful!!!! Wow. Congratulations Kari =) So very happy for you and Mr. Bite and your little Bite Family.
    Enjoy this special time bonding with your beautiful baby.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Kari! Enjoy your baby moon!

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely appreciate all comments and the time taken to post them. Occasionally, I may need to restrict commenting to registered users in order to halt large volumes of spam. If that happens, I will lift the restriction within a week.

Want other ways to interact? Bite-sized thoughts is on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/bitesizedthoughts) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/bitesizethought).