Thursday, October 30, 2014

Kidecals labels

Earlier this month, I was contacted by Kidecals, an American company that makes customised labels that are water proof, heat proof and cold proof. They wondered if I would be interested in ordering and reviewing some of their products. I am used to American companies retracting offers like that when they hear that I live outside of America, but in this case, that didn't occur. Kideals happily ship internationally, and they were kind enough to give me an extra voucher to cover shipping costs to England.

So it is that I spent some time exploring the Kidecals website, before selecting two sets of labels to order. The company's offer was actually quite timely, as Mr Bite and I had been talking about getting address labels made for our new London address. Thus, the first set of labels I customised were address labels that we will use on the back of envelopes.



We customised the green labels above, to include our initials in the centre and our postal address around the outside. We opted for the 'mini set' that includes 66 one inch labels ($21). Whilst the labels are small, they successfully convey our address and we are very happy with them. I am pleased not to have to write our return address manually when we send mail. 

The second set of labels I chose consists of 12 organising labels of different sizes, in my case to be used in the kitchen ($16). As you can see below, I got some printed with labels of my choice, and left others blank so I can write some labels in.


The labels are really sturdy and surprisingly thick - it is easy to believe that they are dishwasher proof and can withstand heat and cold extremes. If you have children, I imagine the labels would stand up to being carried around in school bags and perhaps occasionally left outside or dropped in a puddle.


I focused on address and organising labels, but Kidecals also makes 'blackboard' labels that can be written on with chalk (and erased again), as well as large 'wall decals' that are designed to brighten up walls whilst still being removable and not damaging the surface beneath.


I am a big fan of organising aids that actually help with organising, and am grateful to Kidecals for alerting me to their products and providing me with an opportunity to try them out. I will certainly keep the company in mind if and when I need labels in the future.

I received a voucher from Kidecals to offset costs of ordering and shipping the labels I chose. The opinions expressed are my own. Full details of the Kidecals company can be found at their website, www.kidecals.com .

Do you have labelling systems or stickers that you use?

8 comments:

  1. Your jars look so cute all labelled up! I've been wanting some of the chalkboard type labels for some time so might look into this company..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't come across chalkboard type labels elsewhere, so they may be worth adding to your possibility list :-) I really liked the idea of chalkboard labels, but couldn't come up with a precise use for them! Maybe in my next kitchen...

      Delete
  2. We got some stickers made up with sylvia's name when she started school and they have been great for her school lunch paraphernalia. I think my kitchen would look much improved with some new labels too - most have my scribble on sticky labels. These labels look great and having address labels is really useful (we have a stamp) but a child could use up your address labels in minutes - speaking from seeing how much sylvia loves labels (I have to keep her school labels away from her)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can imagine such labels would have to be well hidden from little people! I'd have been tempted to stick them everywhere as a child I'm sure. I like the idea of an address stamp too - that is a great option.

      Delete
  3. Supercute designs! I use labels for freezer bags and treat bags and for bookplates too. Thanks for the review and links! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Labels for freezer bags are a great idea. I should use some of my spare organising labels for that purpose! I always forget and then my bags are mysteries to me :P

      Delete
  4. These are a great idea and they seem very reasonably priced. I do need address labels especially as we're heading into that time of writing my Christmas cards and it would sure save a lot of time if I didn't have to hand write my address on the back of every envelope xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is for Christmas cards that I most like them too :-) I know it isn't that hard to write one's address, but it seems hard after you've done it on multiple cards!

      Delete

I genuinely appreciate all comments and the time taken to post them. Occasionally, I may need to restrict commenting to registered users in order to halt large volumes of spam. If that happens, I will lift the restriction within a week.

Want other ways to interact? Bite-sized thoughts is on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/bitesizedthoughts) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/bitesizethought).