Sunday, August 31, 2014

Vegan MoFo 2014: Kicking things off

Just one month after my sister's London visit, we are fortunate to have my Mum in London over this weekend. She is heading south to spend time with her parents tomorrow, and we will be joining in a mass family gathering next weekend. Australia and England are seeming very close with the regular family visits!

Vivid London flowers

Around family time and London sightseeing, I have been preparing for the 2014 Vegan Month of Food. My first Vegan MoFo was in 2012, and I loved both the challenge and camaraderie of near daily vegan-focused posting. Last year we were in North America over Vegan MoFo month, but I am pleased to be back participating this year. Things start tomorrow and run across September.


Some bloggers approach Vegan MoFo with a theme for their posts, and I did consider going down that route. In the end, though, I decided to focus on dishes that I've been wanting to make for a while, but for one reason or another haven't yet managed. Vegan lemon meringue pie and Ethiopian food are on the list!

I will also be dividing my month into four sections: a week of breakfasts, a week of snacks and sides, a week of main meals, and a week of desserts. Tomorrow will kick off with breakfast number one.

Interspersed with recipes will be the odd vegan review, and my plan is to post on weekdays. So, each week will bring five posts, at least four of which will be recipes.

Let the fun begin!

8 comments:

  1. It must be lovely having your mum over here ♥ I hope you've had a wonderful weekend together, enjoying some quality mother/daughter time.

    I'm so excited to hear that you're taking part in Vegan MoFo. I have full respect for anyone that can manage to create, photograph and blog that much within one month. It's something I've never manged myself.

    I really hope the Lemon Meringue Pie works out for you. It was one of my childhood favourites and I would love to try a vegan version. I really hope it works out for you ♥ Good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful having family visit. Am pleased to hear you are doing vegan mofo and will look forward to your posts - I can't wait to see how you approach a vegan lemon meringue pie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to have family visits! Can't wait to read all your mofo posts. Lemon meringue pie and Ethiopian food- yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely having family visit! I'll be participating in #VeganMofo on Instagram! Look forward to reading your VeganMofo posts! The pie sounds delicious! Have a lovely week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing a lemon meringue pie made without eggs. And I've never had Ethiopian food so that will be interesting. How lovely to have your mother visit - it must be so lovely to have first your sister and now your mother visiting xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, let the fun begin! I have to get in the kitchen and do something else for MoFo but I'm here reading all the blogs instead and procrastinating ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a plan! Will look forward to the weekly goodies!

    Julie
    Gourmet Getaways

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy having your mum there with you :-)
    Looking forward to your weekly 'themes'!

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely appreciate all comments and the time taken to post them. Occasionally, I may need to restrict commenting to registered users in order to halt large volumes of spam. If that happens, I will lift the restriction within a week.

Want other ways to interact? Bite-sized thoughts is on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/bitesizedthoughts) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/bitesizethought).