Tuesday, August 5, 2014

365 project: July photos

I think I say something similar every other month, but how is it August? Not only are we more than half way through the year, but it is nearly 2 months since we left Australia for the UK. I think I'll be remembering 2014 as the year that flew by, even more than usual.

With another month behind us, I do have another set of photographs to share. As always, there is a little overlap with images shared elsewhere, but hopefully enough new content to provide interest too.

I think my favourite images this month are days 8, 29 and 31. I also love the planting featured in day 28.

1st: Measuring post / 2nd: Queen Alexandra / 3rd: Literary bench / 4th: Spirals / 5th: Under the Thames


6th: Camden lock / 7th: Osterley Manor / 8th: Field views / 9th: Three bridges / 10th: Nunhead cemetary

11th: Garden room / 12th: Cobbled streets / 13th: Pebbles / 14th: Dinosaurs / 15th: Artificial trees

16th: Busy ladybug / 17th: Alight / 18th: Summer evening / 19th: Blackheath church / 20th: Thames barrier

21st: "Quantum Cloud" / 22nd: Westminster / 23rd: Beetroot glory / 24th: Kensington Palace / 25th: Colour puff

 26th: Marble arch / 27th: Geffrye museum / 28th: Herby tea party / 29th: Potted order / 30th: Up close with the Gherkin

31st: Richmond boating

Previous photo recaps: JanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMay and June.

17 comments:

  1. Great pics - I like the 23rd and 25th the best. The year has flown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it is 2 months you have been in the UK - love these photos esp for all the historic buildings - my favourites are 12 and 17 and 27 but it is hard to find favourites because there are so many lovely photos. I think it reflects your exploration of a new place and reflects that excitment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 months next week at any rate :-) I hoped you would notice number 27 - I will return to the museum another time I think but we did enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. Nice snaps and interesting photos! My particular faves are the ones taken on the 16th and 31st :) Keep 'em com in'!

    Julie
    Gourmet Getaways

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! I really do like the 31st one.

      Delete
  4. Such wonderful shots. And yes how is it august? Eek. Xmas soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No longer are the photos of WA! I love the colour puff! And so many gorgeous images of the UK xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely no longer WA! It is funny how different the images are with the shift behind us.

      Delete
  6. 2 months already?! That's madness!
    I always love your photos. I like the last 2 best- the Gherkin and the boats in Richmond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We liked the boats (and river) in Richmond so much we want to live there :) Only problem is that Richmond is more than a little out of our price range!

      Delete
  7. These photos are fantastic! I especially love the last one - so incredibly peaceful! I also cannot get over that it is already August!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pics!~ I really love the spiral & the herby tea party ones :-)

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely appreciate all comments and the time taken to post them. Occasionally, I may need to restrict commenting to registered users in order to halt large volumes of spam. If that happens, I will lift the restriction within a week.

Want other ways to interact? Bite-sized thoughts is on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/bitesizedthoughts) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/bitesizethought).