Sunday, April 30, 2017

Zucchini noodles with orange and cashews

I was recently browsing my own Recipes page and was surprised to see, first, just how many recipes are on there (well over 200!) and, second, how many dishes I have made, loved, and then not made again. My various courgette / zucchini noodle dishes are a case in point. Whilst I haven't recreated one of them here, I was inspired to pull my spiralizer out again and make a new zucchini noodle dish to match the spring weather.


This salad is dominated, in a good way, by orange. It features an orange-soy-ginger dressing as well as orange segments. A scattering of cashews rounds out the dish and I also included tofu (ginger flavoured for good measure) that I enjoyed in the mix. If you left the tofu off this would be a nice side dish but with it you can easily consume the salad as a main meal.

My tofu was the new-ish sweet ginger tofu made by Cauldron foods. If you aren't in the UK or don't have access to that, any marinated tofu would work, although one that compliments an orange-soy-ginger dressing would obviously be best.



Zucchini noodles with orange and cashews
A light and summery salad that serves 1 if using tofu, or 2-4 as a side without it
Vegan

Author: Bite-sized thoughts


Ingredients
1 medium zucchini (courgette), spiralised
1 orange
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
Small handful of cashews
Tofu, marinated to suit, optional

Method
Place the spiralized zucchini noodles in a bowl.

Juice half the orange and whisk together with the soy sauce and grated ginger. Pour over the zucchini noodles. Cut the remaining half an orange into segments and sprinkle over the noodles, along with the cashews. Add the tofu if using. 

Do you recreate your own recipes regularly?

5 comments:

  1. A good blog index is a wonderful thing - occasionally I fantasise about having time to sort my index into dishes I make again, those I want to make again and those I know I will never make again - but there is only so much categorising - I like how you are inspiring yourself with your recipes and your noodles sound lovely though I think would work with either zoodles or regular noodles. Orange and ginger is such a great combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the sound of your index idea! But also know I'll probably never get around to doing it...alas. And yes, orange and ginger go so well together.

      Delete
  2. This dish looks so fresh and light. I usually don't repeat recipes either because of the blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogging definitely inspires to keep trying new things!

      Delete
  3. I have not always been into zoodles, but I really like the sound of the sauce, it would go so well. And the marinated tofu would really add to it!

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely appreciate all comments and the time taken to post them. Occasionally, I may need to restrict commenting to registered users in order to halt large volumes of spam. If that happens, I will lift the restriction within a week.

Want other ways to interact? Bite-sized thoughts is on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/bitesizedthoughts) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/bitesizethought).