Friday, April 21, 2017

Vegan Life Magazine - issue 26 {April 2017}

I receive complimentary digital copies of Vegan Life, which allows me to post reviews with screenshots included. My reflections on the magazine are entirely my own.


This month's Vegan Life edition is jam packed with recipes I am keen to make. I often admire the ideas shared, but this month is particularly full of inspiration!

To start with savoury, I love the sound of these roasted vegetables with a lemon tarragon sauce. I imagine the sauce would make a delicious marinade for tofu too.


Then, this sriracha hemp noodle recipe actually got my heart racing. It sounds so incredibly delicious and just right for my taste buds. It also reminds me that it's been way too long since I have bought or eaten hemp seeds.


Bowl food is a great way to enjoy lots of flavours and this bulgar wheat bowl with roasted vegetables sounds like a simple but hearty meal. The macadamia and blueberry cream pie, featured on the same page, looks pretty tasty too...


That leads us nicely into sweet recipes and if you want a decadent dessert, you have a delicious option in this chocolate orange cheesecake. 


A little healthier, but sounding just as tasty, are these tropical pineapple ginger muffins. I really want to make these soon!

If you want a sweet treat in a hurry, how about a 2 minute microwave cookie? I know about microwave mug cakes but I've never seen this done before - such a great idea!

The magazine also featured it's usual 'Accidental Vegan' page, which introduced me to some new vegan products. There are yet more jelly options, a 'chicken' rice, sweet chilli crisps and mini gingerbread men.


Last but not least, I was intrigued to read about soybeans being used to make faux vegan leather (and equally saddened to read the report on the same page about ex-racing greyhounds being put to death in Australia).


 What appealing recipes or cooking trivia have you come across lately?

4 comments:

  1. The renaming the sauce as a trickle definitely tickles my fancy and so do mini gingerbread men - all the recipes look beautiful as always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the 'trickle' name was appealing too - funny how words make such a difference!

      Delete
  2. Chocolate Orange Cheesecake please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh the recipes look good! Especially the lemon tarragon sauce - it would make an amazing tofu marinade!
    And I was pleasantly surprised that the tropical ginger pineapple muffins were gluten free! Yay! But they seem to require some ingredients I don't have like guar gum and stevia powder :/
    How can it possibly be cheaper to kill the greyhounds than find a home for them??? Couldn't they work with a rescue group? I can't imagine that there aren't any in the area. This is terrible.

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely appreciate all comments and the time taken to post them. Occasionally, I may need to restrict commenting to registered users in order to halt large volumes of spam. If that happens, I will lift the restriction within a week.

Want other ways to interact? Bite-sized thoughts is on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/bitesizedthoughts) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/bitesizethought).