Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Fruit medley puff pastry tart

I made this tart back in May, but somehow neglected to post it until now. This is no reflection on the quality of the tart, which I remember loving both in taste and for ease of preparation.


My version was so easy because I used store bought puff pastry (Jus Roll is helpfully vegan) and store bought apple sauce. I don't routinely have either in the house, but if you do keep them to hand you could have this made and cooked within 30 minutes of thinking about it.



You can, of course, make the pastry and apple sauce (or other fruit puree) from scratch if you prefer. The fruit filling is also adaptable to taste and season. I enjoyed my mix of plum, apple and strawberries, and swapping the strawberries for cranberries would make this seasonally appropriate now.


Fruit medley puff pastry tart
An easy but tasty dessert
Makes 1 small tart to serve approximately 6 (double quantities if needed)
Vegan

Author: Bite-sized thoughts


Ingredients
160g (1/2 sheet Jus Roll) puff pastry
100g (approximately 1/2 cup) apple sauce or fruit puree of choice
Approximately 1-1/2 cups chopped fruit; I used 4 small plums, 1 small apple and 6 medium strawberries

Method
Preheat your oven to 160'C (350'F) and line a baking tray with non-stick paper.

Roll out the puff pastry and spread with apple sauce or fruit puree of choice. Scatter over the chopped fruit.

Bake for 12 - 15 minutes, until the pastry is browned and the fruit soft.

Serve plain or with ice cream, yoghurt or custard.

Do you have any recipes languishing in draft form?!

8 comments:

  1. Oh i like this very much and wish you had shared it when i had plums falling off the tree in my garden. I use the same puff pastry for easy meals in the evening. And to answer your question, Yes I do have recipes languishing in draft form

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next plum season! And I'm glad it's not just me :-)

      Delete
  2. This is a fab idea, and I love fruit desserts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the main reason I've never made puff pastry is that Jus Rol exists - that stuff is so useful. You've made such an appealing looking tart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your fruit filling sounds perfect to me - just a little early in the season as we are still enjoying peaches and nectarines before plums really come into their own but I can imagine they would be great here!

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely appreciate all comments and the time taken to post them. Occasionally, I may need to restrict commenting to registered users in order to halt large volumes of spam. If that happens, I will lift the restriction within a week.

Want other ways to interact? Bite-sized thoughts is on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/bitesizedthoughts) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/bitesizethought).