Wednesday, August 9, 2017

In my kitchen - The first birthday edition {August 2017}

I am linking this in to the monthly In My Kitchen round-up, now hosted by Sherry of Sherry's Pickings.


It was this time last year that I introduced Mini Bite to the blogging world via an In My Kitchen post. It seems appropriate to mark her first birthday in the same way now. I will not even attempt to summarise the learning, highs, low, development, milestones and laughter-to-tears that accompanies the first 12 months of a babies' life. Instead, I will share a few recent pictures and showcase her two birthday cakes - a fruit based tier for her, and a vegan chocolate cake for us.


Mini Bite's kitchen cupboard (designed to keep her occupied while I am cooking)

Her new preferred standing position

New birthday books, thanks to grandparents

Chocolate cake from The 100 Best Vegan Baking Recipes (it was very good)

Watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, mango and raspberries

What is happening in your kitchen this month?

16 comments:

  1. A baby is really delightful ... thanks for sharing yours!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the fruit birthday cake! How adorable and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh that chocolate cake looks so nice. happy birthday to mini bite. the back of her head looks very cute. thanks for joining in this month. cheers Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sherry, and for hosting as always!

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday to Mini bite - i particularly love her kitchen cupboard though I am not sure I can see a saucepan and wooden spoon in there :-) Amazing to see how big she is getting and I love her birthday cakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha - you're right, my wooden spoons are too in demand to give to her and the saucepans too noisy and/or potentially heavy on little toes! One day ;)

      Delete
  5. Kari, Mini Bite looks eager and curious and ready to run! That first year certainly does go by quickly. The birthday cake you made for her is a an entirely new definition of "fruit cake." What a great idea! Loved her cupboard, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. I think she would love to be running! She is almost walking and I suspect it won't be long before she takes off...

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday Mini Bite! Her fruit tier is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy first birthday! I think both the cake and the fruit are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joey and I certainly enjoyed eating both ;)

      Delete
  8. Belated but still a very Happy birthday to Mini bite. thanks for giving us a peek of her. I adore her fruit Birthday cake, we need more cakes like that in our adult lives too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated, but happy one year mama! It is amazing how quickly time flies. :)

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely appreciate all comments and the time taken to post them. Occasionally, I may need to restrict commenting to registered users in order to halt large volumes of spam. If that happens, I will lift the restriction within a week.

Want other ways to interact? Bite-sized thoughts is on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/bitesizedthoughts) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/bitesizethought).