Sunday, August 13, 2017

Fig cacao balls

Thank you for your birthday wishes to Mini Bite. She has become an expert at spotting presents and cards, although is still just as interested in the paper (and more specifically, trying to eat the paper) than what may be hidden within.


With her birthday over and my sister returned to Australia (sob), normal routines are returning. I made these fig cacao balls during my sister's visit but they could just as easily be slotted into a normal weekend - the preparation time is minimal, they keep well, and they are easy to eat. They were even well received by Mr Bite, who supposedly doesn't like nuts or figs!



Fig cacao balls
Super easy, super tasty
Raw, gluten free, vegan depending on your views on figs
Makes 20-25 small balls

Food processor required

Author: Bite-sized thoughts


Ingredients
1 cup dried figs
1 cup raw cashews
2 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder

Method
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until ground and the mix is clumping together. Roll into small balls using your hands and store in the refrigerator. These can be eaten immediately but will firm up on chilling.


What are you snacking on this weekend?

8 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time with your sis and tht she got to see mini bite. I love the sound of these cacao fig bites. I have made some more brownies recently so there is no shortage of choc in my life, but these would be welcome in place of my breakfast flapjacks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of having them for breakfast :-)

      Delete
  2. these look so simple and healthy - it is lovely that they are great for visitors and the every day working week - I hope mini bite enjoys eating these more than the wrapping paper even if they are not so colourful :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't offered her one to be honest!! What a mean mother ;)

      Delete
  3. Long may Mini Bite love the wrapping paper. My dad used to say that it didn't matter what the present was, as long as you wrapped it up nicely, it would always be appreciated - Mini Bite would agree, I guess! These balls look like great food for lunchboxes. I'm a big fan of the fig.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, to be honest, I think we could wrap things up poorly and she'd still be happy :D

      Delete
  4. Yummy! Wow, Mr Bite does not like nuts or figs - these are two of my favourite snacks.

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely appreciate all comments and the time taken to post them. Occasionally, I may need to restrict commenting to registered users in order to halt large volumes of spam. If that happens, I will lift the restriction within a week.

Want other ways to interact? Bite-sized thoughts is on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/bitesizedthoughts) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/bitesizethought).