Monday, September 29, 2014

A closing Vegan MoFo post - recipes from elsewhere and a final recap here


Today is the last of my 2014 Vegan MoFo posts. I know there is another day of September tomorrow, but I am treating this as the tail end of the month and concluding it with this round up / wrap up summary.

Other than one forgotten Friday post that was published on a Saturday, I have shared posts on 5 weekdays each week for the last 4 weeks. Advance preparation (particularly for the first 2 weeks) meant that it wasn't too hard. However, I will be pleased to return to less frequent posting now. Three or four posts a week is a better fit for me, and also seems more useful. I am not sure that anyone needs or wants a recipe from me every day of the week!

All in all, I am glad to have participated in Vegan MoFo again, and I've enjoyed the other MoFo posts that I've read. I am including a selection of appealing examples below (Johanna of Green Gourmet Giraffe did a similar round up over the weekend, so check out her list for additional ideas). After that, I have a final summary of my own posts from this month.

Vegan MoFo recipes from elsewhere

Sweet








Savoury


Ghetto hummus (chickpeas left whole!) from Mad Hatter's Pantry

Hearty Colcannon (a potato dish on a chickpea pancake) from Real Food + Travel






Vegan MoFo posts from Bite-Sized Thoughts
Breakfasts- 





Desserts-





A good many of my favourites are in the dessert section, but I did also enjoy making Moroccan and Ethiopian dishes for the first time, and discovering vegan French toast!

I'm looking forward to returning with some more general posts later this week...

Do you have any favourites from my last month of recipes, or other Vegan MoFo posts you've read?

21 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shoutout! I agree with your sentiment over enjoying posting every day but also looking forward to getting back to a normal posting schedule. What a fun month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to work on a recap/roundup on Wednesday, but I'm already feeling overwhelmed - so many bookmarks to sort through! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are indeed! I'll look forward to your recap :-)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for linking to me! I'm relieved MoFo is over (life got too busy for me in the final week) but I'm going to miss all the awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always the last week or so that is tricky, isn't it? I hope life can settle down for you now!

      Delete
  4. Yay for Vegan Mofo! You did such a great job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on making it through Vegan MoFo! I'm still disappointed not to have been able to take part but this month just wouldn't have been possible.
    I'm so impressed with the quality of the posts all you mo-fo-ers have shared!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always next year Emma :-) I hope all the non-blog things in your life are going along ok.

      Delete
  6. You did great! So many awesome vegan recipes to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, thanks for the shout out to my pop tarts! You were an absolute rock star this month - I can't believe that you didn't miss any posts. I'm still very seriously planning to try out the potato fudge :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do! I think it would pair well with the pop tarts actually - kind of retro and very comfort food focused ;)

      Delete
  8. Good on you for keeping up with all the posts while also working full-time. I find three or four posts a week to be about my maximum too. I could do more but then everything else going on in my life starts to suffer. Thanks for some great recipes during vegan mofo - I particularly liked the lemon meringue pie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Charlie. And yes, it is so often the case that more blogging means being less on top of life! It can all start to feel a bit rushed.

      Delete
  9. Now that was lots of vegan goodies! Great job, Kari! I like the desserts, especially the lemon meringue pie :)

    ~Do drop by and say hello :)
    Gourmet Getaways

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fab roundup! I like the Jaffa cakes and pistachio rose cake - they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh just saw I didn't comment on this - probably off looking through all the links - lots of fun stuff and loved your vegan mofo - the lemon meringue is probably the most amazing to me - and tonight I suggested to sylvia that we try liquorice cake some day - thanks for the shout out too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really recommend the liquorice cake - I would to anyone, but I think from the cakes you like you'd enjoy it :-)

      Delete
  12. Awesome round-up! Just bookmarked a few I missed the first time around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of recipes out there from September, that is for sure!

      Delete

I genuinely appreciate all comments and the time taken to post them. Occasionally, I may need to restrict commenting to registered users in order to halt large volumes of spam. If that happens, I will lift the restriction within a week.

Want other ways to interact? Bite-sized thoughts is on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/bitesizedthoughts) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/bitesizethought).