Sunday, July 1, 2018

(Not) in my kitchen - July 2018

This post will be short and sweet, and somewhat bittersweet. After 7.25 years and 1,035 posts I am taking a step back from blogging for a little while. Bite-Sized Thoughts will still be here and I will post intermittently, but the frequency will be less and likely variable.

With more demands on my time these days (a toddler-sized one, in particular!) blogging is still an enjoyable activity, but it also tends to feel like something on my To Do list. I hope in the future that will change and I will post regularly once more, but for now I am reducing the number of things I try to squeeze into each week and freeing up time for family, life and the occasional bit of relaxation (rare, with a toddler!).

I can read others' blogs on the train and so you may still see comments from me, or I may read and not comment, but for those of you who have read Bite-Sized Thoughts for weeks, months or years - thank you for your support and enthusiasm along the way. I look forward to checking in occasionally and perhaps reconnecting regularly in the future.



12 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed reading and getting to know you through your blog over the years and I hope this shift is successful in improving your well-being. I can definitely relate to that feeling of tension between enjoying blogging and feeling weighed down by it. Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Shannon - I really appreciate that and have loved following you as well. I will continue to do so and hope I'll be active again in the future should you still be interested in reading at that point! :-)

      Delete
  2. Another reader and fan of your blog. I appreciate the time and effort blogging can mean can feel a bit much sometimes, and if/when you come back to it, I'll be here to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joey :-) I'll continue to follow you and you'll have to post all the London eats for both of us!

      Delete
  3. That is sad news - I will miss reading your posts which have always resonated with me. As well as lots of great recipes, I have enjoyed following some of your travels - I will miss all of this but still be back here for some inspiration and to read any intermittent posts. I understand that blogging takes time and is just not what it used to be, so I hope you enjoy the extra time that putting down your laptop gives you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Johanna. I will greatly miss swapping post comments with you but will certainly still be dropping by your site. I hope to be back too - you are proof you can blog for extended periods with a job and family!

      Delete
  4. I am sorry to read that and will miss your blog posts that I have come to enjoy reading, but I totally understand. I have also recently feeling like blogging is time consuming but for different reasons, plus it is not what it used to be when it first started. I look forward to you intermittent blog posts x Do stay connected with us loyal readers. Enjoy the things that matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shaheen and I'm sorry your own time is feeling short at the moment too. I will definitely keep in touch with you and I hope to be back every now and then.

      Delete
  5. I totally get where you are coming from Kari. I sometimes feel that way myself. At one stage I was in 4 groups, and it drove me bananas. All the best and hope to see you back in this space and/or visiting me at my blog soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kari, I totally hear you. You need to do what's best for yourself and your family at this time. I've loved reading your posts and getting to "know" you.
    I've been away from blogging for the last few months because of other things as well so I understand. Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kari. Totally understand the demands of life. Hope to see you back one day soon.

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely appreciate all comments and the time taken to post them. Occasionally, I may need to restrict commenting to registered users in order to halt large volumes of spam. If that happens, I will lift the restriction within a week.

Want other ways to interact? Bite-sized thoughts is on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/bitesizedthoughts) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/bitesizethought).